3 Reasons for plumbing maintenance
Arizona’s hard water in Mesa can take a toll on your pipes and, over time, cause them to break down, leak or burst. Because plumbing is a system of interconnected pipes, when you have a problem in one area of your property, that can affect plumbing performance in other areas.
We recommend annual plumbing maintenance services for three reasons:
- Basic maintenance can extend the life of your water heater, faucets and plumbing fixtures.
- Routine maintenance can identify potential problems and prevent expensive repairs.
- We use preventive measures so you have fewer toilet, sink and other plumbing clogs.
Call Isley’s Home Service at 480-736-1805 to learn more about our TLC Plumbing Maintenance Agreements in Mesa, Gilbert, and surrounding Arizona areas.
DIY Plumbing Maintenance Tips
You can do a few simple tasks around your home or business to prevent big plumbing problems.
- Use Bio-Clean to prevent clogged drains. You’ll find this enzyme at your local hardware store. It comes in a powder form that, when mixed with water, breeds and eats clog-causing bacteria. Once the bacteria is gone, it washes down your drain and is gone! We recommend that you treat drains that frequently clog with Bio-Clean every few months. To use: mix a scoop with a cup of warm water and pour it down the drain. Do not use the sink for 8 hours. Note: If your drain is already clogged, Bio-Clean won’t work. You’ll need to call a local plumber from Isley’s Home Service.
- Run water through your garbage disposal for a few seconds every day to keep all the parts lubricated and free of debris.
- Check under sinks regularly for leaks. When you open under-sink cabinets, make it a habit to check for signs of water damage.
- Don’t flush anything other than toilet paper and waste down your toilet.
- Don’t dump grease, oil or fats down the kitchen drain. Pour them into containers and throw them out with your trash.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals in drains. They cause corrosion, and they are dangerous to your skin and eyes.
- Learn where the emergency shut-off and main water valves are to your house or business. All shut-off valves should be exercised annually (turned on and off) to assure proper operation. If you have a water line break, you’ll want to shut off the water immediately before you call Isley’s.
Providing plumbing maintenance services in Mesa, Gilbert, and surrounding Arizona areas. Give us a call today!